Go through each category and keep track of how many of these symptoms apply to you
- Heart Palpitations
- Rapid, Pounding Heartbeat
- Tightness Of Chest
- Butterflies In Stomach
- Weakness All Over
- Dry Mouth
- Sweaty All Over
- Speeded Up Thoughts
- Muscle Tension / Aches
- I Can't Do It
- What If I Make A Fool Of Myself?
- People Are Looking
- I Could Faint
- It's A Heart Attack
- Get Me Out Of Here
- No One Will Help
- I Can't Go Alone
- I Can't Breathe
- I'm Going To Die
- I'm Going Crazy
- I'm Trapped
- I'm Not Going Out
- What If Someone Is Hurt, Sick, Fired, Etc.
- Keyed Up / On Edge
- Excessive Worry
- Feelings Of Doom / Gloom
- Trapped-No Way Out
- Loss Of Control
If you checked 3 or more from each response list, ask yourself:
Is the fear of an anxiety attack limiting my involvement in life?
Am I avoiding every day situations?
Do I worry and feel tense most of the time?
You already have all the resouces you need
Are You Stressed?
Stress is the price your body pays when life is not the way you’d like it to be.
- Do you ever feel “unable to cope”?
- Do you get irritated when someone is (a) slow to respond to you (b) keeps you hanging on the ‘phone’ (c) walks too slowly for you?
- Do you help people out when you’d rather not?
- Do you chastise yourself for falling short of your own high standards?
- Would you prefer not to ask for help?
- When driving a car, do you get annoyed when (a) a driver in front of you goes too slowly (b) a driver behind you “tailgates” you (c) drivers overtake you?
- Do you ever worry about not being able to sleep?
- Are you unable to relax when there’s nothing specific to do? Do you feel guilty or bored at doing nothing?
- Do faults and blemishes irritate you?
- Do you react strongly to being interrupted?
- Do you fret about problems because you can’t let go?
- Do you try to avoid conflict?
- Are you unable to leave your work behind you at “closing time”? Do you take it home with you?
- Do you have any drug or tobacco addictions?
- Do you “queue-hop” at the check-out counters of your supermarket, or the check-in counters at the airport?
- Do you count your queue neighbour’s basket items at the “maximum items” check-out counter?
- Do you not take regular exercise?
- Do you not relax with any spare time activities or hobbies?